A Happy Place






A Happy Place


April 5th four years ago

I stood in front of my childhood home

With memories held in that second floor room

My room, my place, my safe in the world

A happy place of family space

Cousins and friends over the years

Hours of homework each weekday

Beatles photos covering every wall

Second hand radio in an old tv console

Tuned to 60s rock n roll

Fan in the window on hot summer nights

Maple tree branches tapping hello

On the window and in the distance

The soft whistle of the train

Chugging through downtown

All moments held here

In the room above the porch.


Sheri Edwards  

04.05.23   096.365.23

Poetry/Photography


https://flic.kr/p/2oroqcQ

Standing in front of my childhood home on April 5, 2019

It has since burned down.



Reflect curiosity and wonder --Go boldly and scatter seeds of kindness...

Comments

Trending...